Sunday, April 17, 2005
And introducing...

Nicky the fish! Yes, NTF, it's about time that I make you known on my little blog-diary since you, the one who likes to know EVERYTHING, have finally found your way to my blog. I know you're dreading the moment I write one iota of information about you but I promise I'll be nice. (Mahahaha!!!)

The story of NTF and Islandgirl- a tribute
I met NTF in November 2003 when we were both still dating other people. She was mean and snooty, he was rude and a redneck. She dumped him on New Year's Eve, I cheated on him with NTF. I can say that without feeling bad because he broke up with me 3 days later and not because of NTF; he didn't know. I was glad that someone all powerful had granted me ESP that weekend because it's not nice to be dumped and not at least have sax to fall back on. NTF and I saxed a lot in the beginning. I told myself for months that it was only a saxual relationship and I told my mom we were just having "fun"; it was nothing serious. It was only when my friend S finally said, "Girl, get over yourself, he likes you!" that I actually started breathing again.

The story of Nicky the Fish- an explanation
This name has a little to do with fishing and a lot to do with drinking. Considering our first "date"-as well as several consecutive "dates"- consisted of imbibing of alcoholic products this doesn't come as much of a surprise. Apparently, back when NTF first met his soon-to-be fishing buddy he drank many under the table that evening and made it to work the next day as bright and chipper as ever. Now, Nicky the Fish is emblazoned on a flask that's saved for special occasions. Like Saturday nights when he drinks us all under the table and wakes up as starry-eyed as ever to go fishing.

The story of Islandgirl- not so exciting
My adopted American parents from Augusta, GA named me this when I was in college. It's fitting, I guess, for a girl...who lives on an island?!

And now...here we are on this little Island happy and content with our alcohol and fish...