Monday, June 20, 2005
I ain't no freakin tango dancer but I'd sure like to be.

I pretty much am obsessed with tango because of the shoes (some of the outfits are pretty hot, oh, and the moves are killer too.)

But I'd been dreaming of going to Tango Brujo (yeah, that means tango wizard) since I read about the store in a Travel + Leisure article: "I snap up a pair that look like they could have been made by Marc Jacobs, and cost less..." Oh, I pity myself for reading too many magazines but I couldn't even breath on the clothes in Marc Jacobs but I sure do like to dress as if I shop there! And so, I had to "snap" up my own oh-so-made by that up and coming designer-pair for myself:



I almost cried when I walked into that shop. They had everything a tango wannabe could ever desire. I slipped the shoes on and really, my feet thought they were in heaven (after walking around in these freakin stank Pumas for the last three weeks, anything feels like heaven to my poor abused feet, but that's totally not the point). They also cost $51. Crazy.

I also picked up a couple of old school tango CDs (my great grandma said she didn't want a picture of Eva Peron but she did want tango music. She's also 93. Go granny, go granny, go!). Along with the classics I also asked the very helpful sales lady, who thankfully spoke English, to help me pick out some more contemporary tango music and she played several great picks including this, which is a very funky blend of old school tango music and hip dance beats. So cool.

Now, if only I could actually learn to dance the tango I'd be set. My mom asked me if the shoes somehow magically allow you to dance like a pro. Hey, if not, at least I'll be comfortable the next time I'm boogying it out in da club!