Thursday, January 05, 2006
Back again...for a little while

It's been almost a year since I started my little place here in cyberspace and I have to say that I do miss coming up with silly little stories about my dog, life, being happy and how weird it all feels.

Things have been going so strangely well that I sometimes get that little lump in the back of my throat and a little pound in my head with worry that it all has to collapse at some point, right? I don't want to think that life is that fragile but it doesn't seem right to be able to go through life all smiley happy feely. But right now I ain't gonna fight it and just let life go on it's wide winding track and if and when I fall I'll get back off and wipe the dirt off my knees and keep trudging along.

I don't really do the whole New Year's resolution thing but I like starting up new things every once and while and tomorrow I'm going to stop by the animal shelter, which I pass every day when I leave work, and sign up for some volunteer work. I know that my dog needs loads of love and attention (and a few more walks would probably help his portly stature) but while he snoozes in his cozy cage with a big fat bone nearby those poor pups at the shelter wait for someone to stop by and just give them a little scratch behind the ear. That's really what we all are hoping for- just a little attention and a good ole' scratch behind the ear. Happy New Year blogger friends :-)