Monday, April 10, 2006
Land of sheep and cows

Yes, I am back from rural country. I have plenty of stories to tell but they will have to wait. I will tantalise you with this, though, my dear readers. They involve wannabe wizards, the coolest granny on the planet and making pals with a cat. Yes, a cat. Frightening.

As for everything else. My crazy family and friends surprised me with a birthday dinner. It was only supposed to be my mom, dad and Nick (which would have totally been a weird combination and I think the driving force behind my mother organising all of my friends and my family surprising me). I walked into the restaurant all hazy-eyed after my 7 hour flight and smelling like you smell after sitting on a plane next to a snotty-nosed kid for 7 hours and there were prezzies and friends and prezzies! And my auntie made me a cake of 4 yarn balls with two knitting needles poking out of the biggest cake yarn ball. Oh and by the way, it was freaking DELICIOUS. Hopefully someone will send me a picture and I will post it because it was so damn cool while also being mildly embarrassing. Awww...a good way of celebrating the ole 25er.